Olson-EcoLogic Engine Testing Laboratories is a comprehensive, independent, state-of-the art emission testing facility capable of accommodating a wide spectrum of engines. Our facility has received compliance recognition from the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and is registered as being in conformity with ISO 9001:2000. Located in Fullerton, California, the laboratory is ideally situated to meet the growing demand for CARB and EPA certification, verification, exemption, and compliance testing standards. Our staff has over 100 years of combined environmental testing experience. Olson-EcoLogic provides the capabilities for advanced research, engineering and testing of various aftermarket products and new technologies.
ISO 9001:2000 Registered
Heavy, Medium and Light Duty Engine Testing Capability for:
- Dual Fuel
- Steady State J1088, R49, FTP, ISO-8178 6, 8 & 13 modes, NRTC measuring HC, CO, CO2, NOx, PM & BSFC
- Automotive, Motorcycle & ATV’s
- Light & Medium Duty Trucks
- CVS 78, CVS 75, CVS 74, HFET, New York City Bus Cycle, Japan 10 & 15 Modes, IM 240, ECE 15/60, Steady State, Custom Test Cycles and Official Transient Cycle testing for on-road heavy-duty vehicles
- Non Road Transient Cycle (NRTC) Testing
- OEM & Aftermarket Testing
- CARB Retrofit Verification Testing
- CARB Executive Order & Certification Testing
- Mileage Accumulation
- Canister Loading & Procurement
- Product Development & Product Evaluation
- Catalyst Ageing and Performance Testing
- DPF Verification Testing
All Testing Follows CARB & Federal Test Procedures (FTP).
Facilities and Equipment
The facility is housed in an 18,000 sq. ft. fully air conditioned building designed to accommodate both engineering and administrative personnel. This facility complies with strictly controlled environmental standards and CFR test requirements. Testing and soak temperatures, for example, must not drop below 68°F or exceed 86°F. Clients are welcome to observe testing protocols.
Test Equipment includes:
- Heavy-Duty Engine Test Cell with Full Electric 450 HP Dynamometer, Transient and Steady-State Engine Dyno for Development, Durability and Certification in accordance with CFR, EPA and CARB protocols using Horiba instrumentation
- Small Engine Test Cells with 200 HP, 45 HP, 30 HP and 5 HP Eddy-Current Dynamometers for 2, 5 & 6 Mode Tests; Steady State, ECE and Custom Test Cycles Available
- Motorcycle & ATV Dyno for Product Development and Certification Testing
- Light & Medium Duty Chassis Dyno facility for Gasoline & Diesel Testing to 8875 lbs for Research and Development Certification and CARB Executive Orders
- 1500 Horsepower dynamometers and gensets are available for extended durability testing using any programmed repetitive loading cycle
- Full Transient Cycle testing and testing for NGV or dual fuel engines is available for official on-road certification testing. Call now to reserve a testing schedule.
For more information please contact our Laboratory at 714.774.3385 or visit our website at www.ecologiclabs.com