Emitec Gesellschaft für Emissionstechnologie mbH was founded in 1986. Today, the company is a world leader on the metal substrate market for exhaust gas catalysts and metallic diesel particulate filters for vehicles and mobile machinery. Complete SCR systems round off this product range. Since its foundation Emitec has sold approx. 160 million metal substrates of the highest quality with excellent operating report. Emitec is also a long-standing partner of the car, commercial vehicle and motorcycle industry, the agricultural and construction machinery industry and of many engine manufacturers.
The company employs around 1,000 people in Lohmar and Eisenach, Germany, in Faulquemont, Fance, at the Fountain Inn plant in South Carolina, USA, at the plant in Pune, India and at several application engineering offices around the world. Development centers are based in Lohmar, Eisenach and Denmark. The company’s customers include the major car, truck and motorcycle manufacturers from across the world as well as in the non-road sector producers of tractors, agricultural machinery, construction equipment, ships and diesel locomotives. Emitec owns over 2,500 patents worldwide, a fact that reflects the company’s innovative strength.
Metallic Catalyst Substrates
Emitec metal catalyst substrates are made with ultra-thin walls and high open frontal area, yielding low pressure losses. Our metallic honeycombs are characterized by high geometric surface area and unsurpassed thermal and mechanical durability. They have been proven as an excellent solution for automotive close-coupled converters. Due to the thin walls, they are resistant to plugging by soot in diesel applications.
- METALIT® metal substrates with high cell densities increase catalyst efficiency at operating temperatures.
- Close-coupled catalysts reduce cold start times.
- Turbulence-generating profiles (structured foils)—including the LS-Design®, PE-Design® and LS/PE combination—improve catalyst performance.
- Super Foil® catalysts—made of foils only 0.03 mm thick—reduce exhaust backpressure and fuel consumption.
- The electrically heated Emicat® reduces cold start emissions to a minimum. When used in the E-SCR® system, it provides maximum NOx reduction in cold applications and duty cycles.
- PM-METALIT® partial-flow deep-bed filters are efficient in reducing diesel particulate emissions, while ensuring problem-free engine operation even in the absence of regeneration.
- EGR catalysts (AGR-METALIT®) prevent the formation of deposits during exhaust gas recirculation.
- Pre Turbo Metalit® helps solve temperature and duty cycle challenges.
- Lambda sensor catalysts are more compact and more efficient.
- The small Emitec CompactCat® is an ideal solution for transverse engines.
NoNOx SCR Division
In 2010, Emitec expanded its product and system range in the field of selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology: With the acquisition of Grundfos NoNOx, Emitec can offer complete SCR systems including substrates, urea dosing pumps, logic controls—all integrated into a system.
Emitec NoNOx division designs, develops and manufactures urea dosing units that reduce nitrogen oxide in the emissions of combustion engines. The extremely compact Gen III dosing system developed by Emitec will be offered for passenger cars and light-duty commercial vehicles. SCR systems are also available for the commercial vehicle and non-road sector.
- Air-assisted urea dosing systems
- Airless urea dosing systems
- Volumetric membrane dosing pumps with variable flow control
- High-resolution, CAN-bus-controlled dosing units
- Integrated full dosing system OBD
- Complete SCR systems
Germany (Headquarters)Gesellschaft für Emissionstechnologie mbH
United StatesEmitec, Inc.
3943 W. Hamlin Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
JapanEmitec Japan K. K.
Cedar Shibaura 4 F
3-13-16 Shibaura, Minato-ku
Phone: +81 35418 6066
IndiaEmitec Emission Control Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
Survey No. 275 & 282 (Part)
Village Maan, Taluka Mulshi
Pune 411 057
Phone: +91 20 3911 4800
ChinaEMITEC Emission Treatment System (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Room B, 6th Floor, No. 26 Building
No. 1000 Jinhai Road
Jinqiao Export Processing Zone
Pudong 201206 Shanghai
Phone: +86 21 5055 0567
South KoreaEmitec Korea Inc.
Room No. 817/818, Dongmoon Tower-II
358-25, Hosu-Ro, ilsandong-gu
Goyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, 410-704