DieselNet News Directory Standards Technology Resources Careers Forum Search

Euro 2 or Euro 3

Discuss technical topics and ask questions about engine, fuel and emission technologies.

Euro 2 or Euro 3

Postby Derek on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi,
I am trying to find out the emissions for a Renault Master engine. It is a G9TC 720.
It is a 2.2 dci 90 bhp (common rail), which at the time Renault boasted about the efficiency and economy.
I am told that my van will not be Euro 3 compliant in London as from 3/1/2012. However if my van sat on a dealer's forecourt for 14 weeks and then registered, it would be compliant.
I am trying to prove that my van is the same as a later 2002 reg van.

Any help or ideas greatly received.
Thanks,
Derek
Derek

Re: Euro 2 or Euro 3

Postby woody on Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:02 am

I'm in a similar position. My van was registered in November 2001 and is a 2.2DCi and would appreciate some advise on where to go to find out whether I am compliant or not as far as Euro 3 is concerned.
woody

Postby wam on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:38 pm

In the US & Canada, cars/engines are fitted with an emission label that states the US EPA/California ARB standards the vehicle was certified to. In cars, it's placed in a visible area under the hood. I'm attaching an example where you can see the vehicle is certified to US EPA Tier 2 Bin 5 standards for model year 2009.

Aren't there emission labels in European cars?
Attachments
IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0803.JPG (63.97 KiB) Viewed 7422 times
Addy Majewski
wam

Postby Derek on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks to wam, but it seems there are no figures for vans available.
If it were figures for post 2001 cars we can search for each particular model online.
Woody, I have been asking Renault for emission figures for weeks now, but no luck as yet. I have been told a manager is looking into my queries at the moment and I will keep you posted.
It really does seem crazy that if your and my vans sat on Renault forecourts for a few more weeks, we would be Euro3 compliant.
:?

By the way. I have just found out that an X reg Movano and a 51 reg Movano with the same 2.2 engines are classified as Euro 3 compliant.
As far as I know the engines are the same as the Renault 2.2 dci - Bang goes the 10 year rule....
Derek
Derek

Return to Technical Topics: Engines, Fuels & Emissions