25 July 2002
A new online business-to-business service from Engelhard is now available for the purchase and delivery of pollution control technology to customers worldwide. The web site, www.engelhard.com/ptx/, supports the sale of Engelhard’s standard and custom products for diesel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) emissions control to the materials handling, construction and mining and power generation markets.
“The full-service, online shopping functionality we’re offering, including online order tracking and order history, will speed the purchasing process for our customers and free our distributors to provide more hands-on services,” said Matthew Kilyk, commercial manager of retrofits and aftermarkets for Engelhard’s environmental technologies. “With the increased efficiency offered here, we expect almost 75% of our orders for PTX™ and TWX™ catalysts to be filled through the web site in 2002, with a goal of 90% in 2003.”
The site includes a product catalog, distributor list, purchasing capability, order status and history, frequently asked questions and a glossary. The site offers many of Engelhard’s technologies, including:
- PTX™ two-way catalysts for controlling carbon monoxide (CO) and hydrocarbon (HC) emissions from engines used in closed environments, including diesel engines and spark-ignited engines running on gasoline, liquefied petroleum gas and compressed natural gas.
- TWX™ three-way catalysts for controlling oxides of nitrogen (NOx), HC and CO from natural gas engines.
- DPX™ and STX™ catalytic particulate filters for diesel engines.
Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems for power generating equipment, including:
- VNX™ catalysts coated with vanadium and titanium for NOx control.
- ZNX™ catalysts coated with a zeolite for NOx control.
The site also offers a search engine that enables customers to search for any one of the approximately 1,000 parts available.
A registration, which involves providing the name, organization, address, and contact information, is required from users who wish to access the site.
Source: Engelhard Corporation