Resources » Measuring of Emissions » Test Cycles & Standard Methods
- U.S. EPA Dynamometer Driver’s Aid
US EPAInformation, including speed-time data points, on a number of regulatory vehicle test cycles from the USA, EU and Japan.
- U.S. EPA Nonregulatory Nonroad Duty Cycles
US EPAData on EPA nonregulatory, nonroad duty cycles for equipment such as agricultural tractors, backhoe loaders, crawlers tractors, excavators, etc.
- SAE: Snap-Acceleration Smoke Test Procedure For Heavy-Duty Diesel Powered Vehicles
SAE J1667 (from California ARB, pdf)Full text of the SAE Recommended Practice for the measurement of smoke opacity from heavy-duty diesel vehicles.
- NIOSH: Elemental Carbon (Diesel Particulate)
NIOSH NMAM Method 5040, Issue 3, 30 September 1999 (pdf)NIOSH standard method for determination of diesel particulate exposures as elemental carbon.
- New Transient Test Mode JE05 (ED12)
Japanese Ministry of EnvironmentComputer programs are provided in C++ and Fortran to calculate engine torque-speed-time points for dynamometer testing of gasoline and diesel engines, based on the JE05 vehicle speed-time points as defined in the regulation.